Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Best Tacos In Marysville

You know, the older I get, the more I appreciate the simple things in life. Distractions? They’re a younger person’s game. I believe it was Edie Brickell who once said “throw me in the shallow water before I get too deep." I've always liked her, especially because her dad (Eddie Brickell) is in the Texas State Bowling Hall of Fame. Yeah, I know, he's a lefty but I'm willing to look past that.

Going to eat at a taco truck is probably the most simple of all dining experiences possible and it’s something that BowlingWidow, Joe (the creator of Captain ILL) and I have been doing nearly every Monday night after our yoga session for the last couple of months. And I do say that it’s a tradition I hope will continue for many more Mondays to come.
.
BowlingJoe demonstrates proper taco-eating technique
Spicy, authentic Mexican food has always been a part of my life. And it probably will be until that inevitable day when the x-ray machine reveals that my intestines resemble something that looks like Swiss cheese. But for now, there isn’t anything better than two chicken tacos and an order of refried beans smothered in plenty of red and/or green homemade salsa.

The tacos each consist of two small corn tortillas topped with seasoned meat (options include beef, chicken, tongue, brain, and more….I’ll pass on the brain, thank you), onion and cilantro, with optional garnishes of radish, lime and jalapeno on the side. And at a buck twenty-five each, they’re the best value in town, period.
.
The El Rey Taco Truck in Marysville
The El Rey taco truck is located (for now anyway) just west of I-5 off exit 199, on the left shortly after you enter the Tulalip Reservation. I think it’s at the third stoplight after you make the left turn at the end of the I-5 off-ramp. But don’t blink, you could miss it.

2 comments:

Captain ILL said...

BowlingJoe forgot to mention how the tacos are sometimes so delicious they make him cry. He'll protest that it's the "seeds" in the "peppers" that are responsible, but I know tears of joy when I see them.

Anonymous said...

Jalapenos are like a box of chocolates. You never quite know what you're going to get.